Website Maintenance & Optimization
Keep your website in top shape
Why do I need to update and maintain my website?
- Just like any software, websites require maintenance to keeping the site working properly.
- Avoiding website maintenance is like not having regular oil changes on your vehicle.
You wouldn’t drive your car very long if you didn’t look after its maintenance, would you?
Well, the same process is true for your website. Your website should always be live, ready for customers and presenting your business at its finest.
Your website is NOT “set for life”
- If you don’t have website maintenance carried out monthly, you may actually be throwing money out the window.
- When visitors go to a website and find things wrong with it, they often don’t stick around.
- Many website owners never check their website to see how it’s functioning.
- Missed website issues or downtime can lose you potential customers.
- Hackers and spammers are continuously looking for security flaws in plugins and themes. They all have to be updated regularly to prevent your site from getting hacked.
The solution: Keep your WordPress website up to date
The benefits of maintaining your website:
Many people don’t realize the benefits of website maintenance:
- The website performance, it’s load time, downtime and uptime, is all dependent on the WordPress software and plugin functioning as they should (and on the recent version).
- The website growth, it’s fresh content, analytics monitoring and design changes, is all dependent on you having someone making sure all updates to the website are done in a smooth and error-free fashion.
This is a short list of what we can do for you:
- Website maintenance and clean up
- Website backups
- Database backups
- WordPress themes and plugins updates
At Web Of Friends we take great care to first backup the website, and check the website after our updates for any issues.
Our software keeps a record of plugins we update so if there is ever an issue we see what plugin version was changed and revert back.
Also included in our monthly maintenance report are the performance and security scans.
If in the event we ever catch a plugin issue, it becomes a support ticket and most of the time we address it before you ever know there’s a problem.
The dangers of maintaining your website by yourself
- Maintaining your site yourself could cost you more than you may think.
- If you just update from your WordPress admin, you wouldn’t have a record of what was done.
- If an update to a plugin created an issue a couple weeks later, it would be difficult to know what changed and how you should revert back without restoring a very old backup (and possibly losing content changes, sales orders, contact entries, you name it).
It Costs More to Fix Than to Maintain
- Inexperience and neglect can damage the look and functionality of your website.
- Consider also the certainty that every day, someone is trying to figure out a way to hack your site.
- When that happens, you have a choice to make. One, you try and fix it yourself, in which case you may do further damage. Or two, you can then pay the (sometimes hefty) price for someone experienced to fix it.
- Just like your car, it costs more to fix it than it does to maintain it properly. Regular oil changes help keep your car running properly, regular site maintenance helps keeps your web site running properly.
Let's Work Together
Web Of Friends is your best choice if you are looking for web developers who value customer service and helping small businesses.
Let's get your project started!